Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Anne of Green Gables


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
    Let the book fall open to a random page.
    Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
    You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given
    !
    Please avoid spoilers!
Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery

Pg. 57

"Marilla," she demanded presently, "do you think that I shall ever have a bosom friend in Avonlea?"

"A--a what kind of friend?"

"A bosom friend - an intimate friend, you know - a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inner most soul."

Pg. 101

"You'll feel remorse of conscience some day, I expect, for breakin it, Marilla, but I forgive you.  Remember when the time comes that I forgive you.  But please don't ask me to eat anything, especially boiled pork and greens.  Boiled pork and greens are so unromantic when one is in affliction."

I know they are both long but I couldn't help myself.  I love Anne.  Her ramblings remind me of my own brain and all her drama and feverishness and absolute thrilled excitments and her loathsome, terrible, despairing sadness just make me laugh.  I was Anne at 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment