Monday, February 23, 2009

Books Made for Walking: February

I saw this meme while I was perusing the book blogs ... and it spoke to me!

Is there a place that you have always dreamed of visiting specifically because of a book you read? It can be any kind of book: fiction, non-fiction, travelogue, you name it. If you have been to the place, did it live up to your expectations? If you haven't been, do you think you'll ever make it there?


Umm ... yes!  Prince Edward Island if you please!  Reading about Avonlea and all the beautiful places that surround Anne and her childhood just makes me want to go!  And more than that, the scenes in the movie versions just make my passport itch!

Also, I really need to go to London England and do the Tudor thing.  And then, I really want to do the Jane Austen tour and look at all the country homes she espouses about in her novels.  I fully expect I will make it to London, and I really see no reason why I couldn't go to PEI.  All it takes is a plan.  I'm a determined sort of person in that way.

I'm not sure if any of the other places I've been where inspired by novels.  I would say that I read books on Marie Antoinette and when I visited Versaille and her bedchamber it was interesting.  The crowds kind of ruin the pleasant feeling, but I loved the gardens.   I would say it lived up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment