Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's On Your Night Stand? May 2009

Every month I wish that this post was just a day or two away.  But alas, it's not.  I still contend that I might be able to finish one more book in May.  But it's a slim hope.
What's on your nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.


So, what did I read?  Only one book that was on my original list.

I read, Vision in White, Nora Roberts, and Mary Balogh's marriage series (which I didn't review).  So that's a total of 4 books.  Boo hiss.  (Again, more than likely 5 books, as I'm 60% done with The Piano Teacher according to my Kindle)

In my defense, May was a very busy month for me.  And June and July are going to be just as bad.

But, there's lots of airport / plane time coming up in June, so with that in mind, here is what I really must finish for June:


Queen of Babble (must return to Megan)
Queen of Babble in the Big City (must return to Megan)
Dead to the World (must get further in this series so can intelligently discuss with cousin)


I'm leaving it at that.  Oh wait ... the 4th Mary Balogh book came out last week and Girl from Junchow (sequal to Russian Concubine) comes out on June 2nd.

There is no shot of my TBR getting any smaller.

Edited on May 31st: I finished The Piano Teacher (May 27) and Queen of Babble (May 31), so that's 6 books in May.  Not too shabby!

8 comments:

  1. I have First Comes Love... on my TBR also (although not nearly as high on the list as you have it). Hope you have a great month of reading in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the TBR never shrinks, right? It's always growing around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered Queen of Babble from Paperback Swap for my summer reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, how do you like your Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting until all books in Nora's new triology are out! I don't like to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Queen of Babble awhiel ago and had no idea there was a sequel now. May have to look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, TBR never ever gets smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jennifer! It never get smaller! Have fun reading this month :-)

    ReplyDelete