Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand April 2009

Hosted by 5MinutesforBooks.

In April I read:
Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society,
Midwife of the Blue Ridge,
Club Dead,
Belong to Me,
The Birth of Venus

Sadly, only one of those was on my list to read last month, The Birth of Venus.  Which is cool I guess, except that I specifically said I wanted to read three on my pile to consider it a victory.  Oh well.  Guess I failed!

Last night I caved and after probably 5 weeks without, I went and bought books.  I bought the new Nora Roberts and a series by Mary Balogh.  So those will take me however long and then I'll move on to something that actually requires thought.  Or not ... I told Megan I'd read the Queen of Babble books and then send them back to her.  So ...

For May, I plan to read:
The Queen of Babble
The Queen of Babble in the Big City
Vision in White
Friday Night Knitting Club
and perchance, finishing The Tea Rose, which I like, but it's such a big book it does not lend itself well to being in the purse.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the Potato Peel Pie Society. I listened to the audiobook read by 4 different actors. Stunning. I loved getting the different voices and dialects. It left me feeling like I was there, somewhat. I got a feel for the place.
    Thanks for stopping by & commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Potato Peel Pie Society and the Friday Night Knitting Club are two titles that are popping up all over the Nightstand posts! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guernsey is perhaps my favorite contemporary read.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big books which do not fit in purses could (should?) be read on a Kindle...if only you had one of those. Imagine the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The Birth of Venus a few years back and remember enjoying it...though it was odd at some points.

    ReplyDelete