Monday, May 18, 2009

Chick Lit: Vision in White


For my first book for the Chick Lit challenge, Vision in White, by Nora Roberts.

Nora Roberts one millionth book?  No but it's close.  So close that many think she's writing by committee now which is why so much of her work sounds completely different than her earlier work.  But whatever.  I still pick up whatever trilogy she has going.  I'm a sucker for a story that doesn't end.

Which brings us to Vision in White.
This new quartet is about a wedding planning company and the four women that work there.  This was fun for me because we are in the midst of my sister's wedding extravaganza and I can relate to the crazy requests that were brought up in the book.  And, more pointedly, the opinions that are requested and then disregarded immediately.

The love interest is formulaic in that comforting, peanut butter and jelly sandwhich kind of way so that's not all that interesting.  The dialogue (what I think Roberts is best at) is witty and fun between the four girlfriends.  Which is really the best part of this book, aside from the frilly, tulle ridden wedding backdrop of course.

This will probably end up being my least favorite in the series as the constant photography (not well researched I don't think) angle was just not good.  But, I'll bring it for my sister to read.  It's like a tub of ice cream ... a guilty pleasure that isn't helping you in anyway but it's very fun to partake.  I recommend for beach reading or warm bubble bath (with already mentioned ice cream) reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment