Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Update

Okay so here's what's going on ...

I read 3 romance novels in as many days, and finished Nora Roberts Vision in White on the airplane to and from Denver.  I recommend it to those getting married.  The back story and info on the weddings and picking colors and flowers is oh so fun.  I think I'm going to enjoy the next four books for that reason alone.

So my absence from here is not that I'm not reading (not possible) it's that I'm not reading anything worth reviewing.  Except maybe Vision in White ... a review may come for that one as I think it fits my Chick Lit challenge.  And I'll tell you why ...

The only difference between Chick Lit and traditional romance novels is ... drum roll ... the size of the book.  Chick Lit is published in Trade Paperback size and traditional romance is in mass market paperback.  I think Miss Roberts got fed up with being cast into the Rom category while other, lesser writers are in the societal acceptable airplane reading category of Chick Lit.  So she published ViW in Trade.

Which ticks. me. off.

Trade is ridiculoulys expensive and just ... stupid.  Nothing goes to Mass anymore.  Harry Potter 7 is just NOW going to Trade in July and probably won't hit Mass for another 2 years, if then (I should fact check that).  But Trade is stupid.  I hate paying $15+ for paperbacks.

Which is why I will always love my kindle.

But anyway I digress.  The fact that ViW is in Trade I think qualifies it was Chick Lit so I may use it for that challenge.  But really, oh Chick Lit readers that think you aren't reading Romance novels.  You truly are.  There is no difference.  There's just as much adult content in Chick Lit as traditional Romance (more so in some cases) so please, quit thinking your better than Rom.

Back to my update ...

Currently I'm reading The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K. Lee and I have on tap to read First Comes Love, Than Comes Malaria.  This one is non-fic (gasp!) and is recommended by my husband (who hasn't read it, but wants me to read it?).  But I'll read it and see if it might be good to recommend to my friend that is on her way to Africa this week on a mission trip.  Speaking of which ... please pray for her and her group.  This is going to be a life altering trip for them and I pray for the safest of visits for them.

Then I have the always scary TBR pile that grows every day.

So I'll have lots of reviews for you shortly.  I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment