Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chick Lit Challenge

The Twiga Blog is hosting the 2009 Chick Lit Challenge and since that sounds like a fun and easy challenge, and I like the button, I'm all about it.

It's 10 books over the next year.  I can't remember picking up one Chick Lit book last year but I do enjoy quick light reads so I thought, what the hey.  There's a whole bunch out there that I've never read that I thought I might try.

So, for the first stab at this list (and it will definitely, more than likely change):


1. Vision in White - Nora Roberts - REVIEW
2. Queen of Babble - Meg Cabot - REVIEW
3. Queen of Babble in the Big City - Meg Cabot - REVIEW
4. Chasing Harry Winston - Lauren Weisberger
5. Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner
6. Certain Girls - Jennifer Weiner
7. Something Borrowed - Emily Griffin
8. Something Blue - Emily Griffin
9. Baby Proof - Emily Griffin
10. Dogs and Goddesses - Jennifer Cruise (maybe - it's multiple writers again and I'm not sure how I feel on that.)

But, most of this list are staples in the industry and I've yet to read a one.  I did read In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner several years ago because my sister read it and she said I had to because one of her friends read it and said that Megan and I were "just like" the girls in the book.  If you've read it, that's an insult to Megan.  We aren't really anything like those sisters, except that, we're sisters, and she has blond hair and I have brown.  And we both love dogs.  But that's where the similarities end.

Anywho - I have my beach reading for 2009!  And I think my bank account is going to suffer from all these challenges ... maybe I'll get these from the library instead.

PS - If you're looking for some interesting challenges for 2009, Jessica over at Bluestockings is doing 16 this year and has a complete list.  The What's in a Name may make it over here, but I have to ponder what I would read for that.  The other one I really like is 2009 Pub Challenge, read 9 books published in 2009.  I think that would help me stay current.  Also, if you haven't already, check out 5 Minutes for Books, they are doing a Classics Bookclub.  February they are reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.  March is Les Miserables.

No comments:

Post a Comment