Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kindle

So after I wrote that last post about books I'm going to read in July, I went to Amazon to see if Harry Potter is available on the Kindle.  To my dismay.  It is not.

And apparently JKR has a "philosophical" reason for not wanting her books on e-readers.

To which I say ... grow up and into the next century please.

I love my Kindle.  It in no way replaces my actual books.  Nor does it assuage my book buying addiction.  But I love my Kindle.  I love the idea that I have my library with me, at all times, and with the flick of a finger I could summon up the words to my favorite stories.

I also love that carrying it in my purse doesn't put a stitch in my back for two weeks.

Everyone I show my Kindle to is enthralled.  I was recommending it to someone else just this past weekend.  And I continue to visit Amazon.com and hit the "I want to read this on my Kindle!" button in the hopes that enough of those will wake publishers up to the new millenia.

So JK and Scholastic ... 1980 called.  They said it really was okay to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment