Monday, March 30, 2009

Historical Fiction Challenge ReCap

As you recall I committed to the Historical Fiction Challenge hosted by Royal Reviews.  The challenge was to read three historical fiction books in 3 months, and the only rule was it had to take place prior to WWII.

I had set out to read The Other Queen, The Lady Elizabeth, and To Hold The Crown.  As many of you know, I have a terrible time with book lists.

I actually read the following:
The Other Queen
To Hold the Crown
The Russian Concubine
The Widow of the South
and Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict.

What happened was, I read (skimmed) the first two and hated them and then felt like that didn't really complete the challenge and so then I read the final three.  And sigh, I didn't read what I originally set out to read.  But two out of 3 ain't bad.

So, another challenge complete!  This is one of my favorite genres of literature so it's not like I won't be reading any of this in the future.  Thanks to Royal Reviews for hosting!  I enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment