Sunday, July 5, 2009

Evermore

Evermore , Alyson Noel

Ever lost her parents and little sister in a car crash, and her entire life is completely different.  Not only does she have to move to California to live with her Aunt, but ever since the accident she's had pyschic abilities and can read people's minds.  When a new boy comes to school and everyone goes gaga over him, things get even stranger.

This is a YA book that I read the review for and had to read it.  It's Twilight-esque, but it doesn't really compare.  What I mean is, Twilight is way better.  But this is basically the Twilight story without the vamps and our main girl character has magic powers.  It's a cross between Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries and Twilight.  Which ... I like both of those so yeah for me.

Immortals (the series name) are just creatures that live forever and have magic powers.  More like dark fairies, and not like vampires.  Though there are similarities.

It took me 4-5 hours to read this book.  I enjoyed it, it's light, fun, ice cream fare and I really want to read the second one, Blue Moon, which comes out on Tuesday!  I like Ever, she's got a strange name but I like it, and I like Damen and her's relationship, and I like the aura's and flowers (red tulips!) and the symbolism.  It's all fun stuff.

Fans of Twilight will like this one, as that's who it's marketed towards (Blue Moon? Really?  Couldn't have at least TRIED to name it something else?  It even RYHMES with NEW MOON).  It was very similar, but that didn't bother me.  It was a bunch of fun and I'm excited to read the next in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment