Monday, August 18, 2008

The Other Queen

Ooohhh ... I love when I forget delicious things that make me happy! Here I was lamenting that my exciting books are all over and done (Breaking Dawn) and now I'm back on the what to read merry-go-round when I come across a historical fiction challenge (how fun!) that has a contest that ended August 9th (boo hiss) to which the prize is an advanced copy of Phillippa Gregory's The Other Queen! A novel, I admit, that I completely had forgotten about!

The book is due to be released on September 16th. Which means I have a little less than a month to read the two books I just bought ... okay so what that really means is I have to find some more books to read while I wait for September 16th.

But ... in keeping with this historical fiction challenge (linked above) the book I'm reading now totally counts, and I'm pretty sure if I go back far enough some of the other stuff I've read lately would count too ... I just have to remember everything I've read ... I only have like, 5 weeks left. So I've got quite a bit to read between now and then. I'll consider it a success if I complete 4. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for more challenges.

There is a whole world of book bloggers out there! I'm so excited to have found a place to potentially belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment