Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Small Sacrifices

Small Sacrifices, Ann Rule

This is a genre really new to me, true crime.  It was written by a former detective and is about the story of Diane Downs, who in 1983 tried to kill her three children.  She succeeded in killing one, and left the other two critically injured.

This book took me too far down the rabbit hole that is Diane Downs life.  Her past is sad, her family life is sad, and the crazy things she did (who let her become a surrogate mother?!) just hurt my heart.  For the place that I'm in in my life (young new mom) this just was hard to read.  But she evidence (not that we needed any) that women can become addicted to being pregnant, and how everyone is so nice to you and treats you special when you are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment