Saturday, November 13, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I'm actually on chapter 23 of this, but it's my fourth time through.  And I'm listening to it again; why read when Jim Dale will so excellently read it to me?

Anyway I'm not really trying to write a review here.  I want to note what parts of the book I'd like to see in the movie, though I'm pretty sure most will be left out.

Here's what I'm convinced, based on previews, we will see:
1. The Order taking Harry away from Privet Drive.  I'm wondering though what that will look like?  I saw a preview that looks like Hagrid driving Harry through a city street.  Definitely not through the air.  Will they do the 7 Harry's?  I'd like to see that.

2. Harry's Birthday the day before the wedding.

3. The Wedding and the conversation with Doge.  Which, after checking IMDB, he's listed as a character, so hopefully this happens.

4. Disapperating to that street in London, which I believe I've seen previews for, so that happens.  Does the cafe get destroyed though?  I hope so.

5. The conversation with Creacher where we learn about RAB.  I believe this is in the movie because of what JK said when they wanted to cut Creacher out of the 5th movie and she told them not to as he had an important role in the 7th.  I think the part about the letter from Lily will be cut.

6. That last sentence makes me think most of the backstory about Dumbledore and his sister and brother is probably cut.  Because - well - they have to cut something.  So how do they work out the end with Hogwarts?  And the painting?  So many questions!

7. How much camping?  The Doe has to be there.  That's like, pivotal.  I want to see Hermoine yell at Ron when he comes back.  I know the part at Godric's Hollow has to be there.  Crucial.  And Xeno's house.  I think I saw that.  And Shell Cottage, I saw what I think is that house.

7a. Harry say the taboo name and them getting caught by the snatchers.  I'm reading this right now I want to see this.  And I want to all the Voldy parts because that's interesting.

8.  And the Malfoy's.  Hermoine getting tortured, Ron yelling ... that's the part I'm at in the book.  So I'm going to stop my list there.  After I see the movie on the 20th I want to come back and say what was shown and what wasn't.  Hence, this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment